Monday, October 26, 2015

The book I read and am going to reflect on is the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. This book is about how after his adventure with Tom Sawyer he is thrust into a world of manners and such that he doesn’t like. I think this book is very well written and I think most will enjoy reading it. Mark twain covers topics such as abuse from Huckleberries Finn’s father, the runaway slave he runs into. I personally enjoyed it because I found the story very realistic. I felt that mark twain did a good job laying out the story without confusing me as a reader. I enjoyed how Mark Twain made the characters choices commensurate to the adversity they faced. It’s not like he’s not getting his allowance so he’s leaving he left because he was being beaten by his father. Throughout the story I felt like I didn’t know what was next to happen. I could feel the bond being strengthened between the slave boy and him with every possible terrible incident avoided. I would definitely recommend this book and its predecessor to anyone of my peers. Although it has some ideas some would find difficult to read. If I had the chance to later read this book again I would. If I were to read it again though I think I would read the Adventures of Tom Sawyer first again.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever felt like an outsider? Would be interested to hear how this story might connect to experiences you have had. Be careful to capitalize proper names and to underline or italicize your titles.

    ReplyDelete